copyright 2014 Art of Living, PrimaMedia,Inc/Maria Liberati
Coffee..a morning without it is like ..sleep!
“This coffee falls into your stomach, and straightway there is a general commotion. Ideas begin to move like the battalions of the Grand Army of the battlefield, and the battle takes place. Things remembered arrive at full gallop, ensuing to the wind. The light cavalry of comparisons deliver a magnificent deploying charge, the artillery of logic hurry up with their train and ammunition, the shafts of with start up like sharpshooters. Similes arise, the paper is covered with ink; for the struggle commences and is concluded with torrents of black water, just as a battle with powder. ~
Honoré de Balzac, “The Pleasures and Pains of Coffee”
- ½ cup of honey
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 ½ cups hot espresso coffee
- ¼ cup hot milk (fat free or low fat)
- ¼ cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- Place evaporated milk in a chilled bowl with powdered sugar.
- Whip until peaks form and then place in refrigerator.
- In another bowl mix honey with powdered cocoa and cinnamon, mix with wooden spoon.
- Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Distribute mixture into 4 coffee cups.
- Mix coffee with milk, and then pour into cups.
- Stir and top with whipped evaporated milk and dust with powdered cocoa.
Ingredients (serves one)
- 1 teaspoon of Aurum
- 1 Tablespoon of liquid cream or whole milk
- 1 teaspoon of cream of cacao
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Powdered unsweetened cocoa
- 1 cup of (very hot) espresso coffee
Pour all ingredients, except cream, into glass coffee cup. Stir. Pour cream or milk on top, do not stir and sprinkle unsweetened cocoa on top.
Coffee is nothing more than a hug in a mug!
Get more recipes in the award winning book The Basic Art of Italian Cooking: Holidays and Special Occasions-2nd edition